Utah Attorneys Investigating Sexual Assault Claims Against the Roman Catholic Church Archdioceses
Inappropriate sexual behavior by predators affects hundreds of thousands of adults and children in the United States every year. Unfortunately, even with evolving changes in social norms to support victims, less than five out of every 1000 rapists face prison sentences for their horrific action.
Sexual assault occurring at any age can have a devastating effect on the victim, their family, and any current or future relationship. The victim’s employment, education, health, and economic well-being can become overwhelming when trying to live a “normal” day-to-day existence.
Life challenges for the sexual assault survivor can be even more challenging when the sexual assaulter holds a place of trust like a parent or religious leader.
Not every sexual abuse survivor can speak out about the horrific assault they experienced until months or years later. The compassionate network of affiliate attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC, can help you or a loved one with legal assistance involving surviving sexual assault.
Our caring team of lawyers can protect your rights and help you speak openly about what happened. The Catholic Church sexual injury attorneys at our firm are here to listen to your story.
We use our comprehensive knowledge of Utah tort law and build your case to ensure that the sexual predator faces their consequences for what they did.
Sexual Assault Involving Clergy is Still a Problem
A Utah state representative from Salt Lake City has proposed a bill for the 2020 State Legislature that would require all Utah clergy members to report any allegation of child abuse even if it occurs in a religious confessional. The new law, if passed, would remove the exemption allowing clergy members to forgo reporting abuse.
The state representative said she proposed the bill because “My first obligation is to children and vulnerable populations being exploited by people.”
The Devastating Effects of Sexual Assault
Every individual who is sexually assaulted responds uniquely, based on their reaction, culture, and personal style. While some victims are open about what happened, others protect their feelings inside. Those who do speak up may find it takes weeks, months, or years before they can first discuss what occurred.
It is mindful for friends and family members to respect the victim’s choices in how he or she will cope with the traumatic event.
The horrific abuse may have just recently occurred or happened decades ago. Typically, the survivor will experience a plethora of different reactions including guilt, shame, sadness, confusion, anger, loss of control, depression, anxiety, phobias, substance abuse, low self-esteem, concerns about their physical safety, injuries, sleeping pattern changes, eating disorders, or worrying about contracting a sexually transmitted disease or HIV.
Utah Roman Catholic Church Diocese
In Utah, the Catholic Church is the second-largest religious group of all faiths statewide. The Salt Lake City Diocese and its Bishop manage more than seventy-six parishes across Utah (listed below). The Church provides services and ministry to Catholics living in the state’s twenty-nine counties.
Roman Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake City
27 C St E
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Utah Clergy Sexual Abuse Lawyers are Ready to Help
Our network of attorneys understands the problematic situation of speaking out about what occurred by a shameful clergy member. We know how powerful the church is at pushing back to say they have done nothing wrong.
However, with Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC, working on your behalf, you will never be alone. We will work aggressively to ensure your shocking story will be heard before settling your case or when presenting evidence in front of a judge and jury.
We can start working on your lawsuit today. Talk to us now so we can begin filing all the necessary paperwork. Taking legal action against a clergy member now can stop the sexual assault of others in the future.
We will successfully resolve your case, obtain financial compensation on your behalf, and protect your rights. Contact us now at (888) 424-5757. All information you share during an initial, free consultation concerning your case will remain confidential.
All Utah Parishes:
- Blanding Station Catholic Parish
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church
- Cathedral of the Madeleine
- Christ Prince of Peace Catholic Community
- Christ the King Catholic Church
- Correctional Facilities
- Duck Creek Catholic Parish
- Good Shepherd Catholic Church
- Holy Family Catholic Church
- Holy Family Catholic Mission
- Holy Spirit Catholic Mission
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
- Notre Dame de Lourdes Catholic Church
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Chapel
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church
- Our Lady of the Snows Center Station
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church
- Sacred Heart Catholic Mission
- Saint Ambrose Catholic Church
- Saint Andrew Catholic Church
- Saint Ann Catholic Church
- Saint Anthony of Padua Catholic Church
- Saint Anthony of the Desert Catholic Mission
- Saint Bridget Catholic Church
- Saint Catherine of Siena Catholic Church
- Saint Christopher Catholic Church
- Saint Dominic Catholic Mission
- Saint Elizabeth Catholic Church
- Saint Florence Catholic Mission
- Saint Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
- Saint Francis Xavier Catholic Church
- Saint George Catholic Church
- Saint Gertrude Catholic Mission
- Saint Helen Catholic Church
- Saint Henry Catholic Church
- Saint James the Greater Catholic Church
- Saint James the Just Catholic Church
- Saint Jerome Catholic Newman Center
- Saint John Bosco Catholic Mission
- Saint John the Baptist Catholic Church
- Saint Joseph Catholic Church
- Saint Joseph the Worker Catholic Church
- Saint Joseph Villa Chapel
- Saint Jude Catholic Mission
- Saint Jude Maronite Catholic Church
- Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Catholic Mission
- Saint Lawrence Catholic Mission
- Saint Marguerite Catholic Church
- Saint Martin de Porres Catholic Church
- Saint Mary Catholic Church
- Saint Mary of the Assumption Catholic Church
- Saint Mary’s Old Town Chapel Catholic Parish
- Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic Mission
- Saint Olaf Catholic Church
- Saint Patrick Catholic Church
- Saint Paul Catholic Center
- Saint Peter Catholic Church
- Saint Pius X Catholic Church
- Saint Rose of Lima Catholic Church
- Saint Sylvester Catholic Mission
- Saint Therese of the Child Jesus Catholic Church
- Saint Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church
- Saint Thomas More Catholic Church
- Saint Vincent de Paul Catholic Church
- Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church
- San Andres Catholic Church
- San Felipe Catholic Church
- San Isidro Catholic Mission
- San Juan Diego Catholic Mission
- San Pablo Catholic Mission
- San Rafael Catholic Mission
- Santa Ana Catholic Mission
- Weber State University Catholic Newman Center
- Zion National Park – Canyon Community Center